Sharing on RVillage: Posting Etiquette
You've invented a handy new gadget and want to share and sell it with your fellow RVillagers, or the latest post in your off-site blog. Or maybe you have a question and you don't know where to post it. What's the correct way to do that on RVillage?
Asking help questions, general comments
If you simply have a question, you will get a LOT more responses when posting to a group related to the topic. Search a group by topic here. Choose the most relevant group, an try not to post to more than a couple of groups because any posts in a group (except for private or 'alternative' groups) will also show up on the home page or "home feed." If you are making multiple posts to groups, it will show up multiple time on the home page. That's called flooding, and excessive posts will be hidden by the RVillage site monitors.
Site policy prohibits members from posting items for sale on the Home Feed, Blogs, Park pages or in other Groups, you can list it in the RVillage Classifieds group. If you are an individual making one-time sale, join the RVillage Classifieds group and post it there.
You can also list your RV for sale on RVehicles.
If you are abusiness with products or services to sell, you will need to sign up for a business account. You can edit your profile to change your account like this:
If you are a blogger and want to promote your personal (off-site) blog, join one of the following groups and make your posts there:
Some blogging etiquette tips for sharing on RVillage:
- Etiquette tip for sharing Youtube vidoes
- RVillage Blogging And Vlogging Etiquette / Badges And Links
Did you know you can have a personal blog on RVillage?
- See the list of RVillager blogs
- Write your own blog on RVillage
- Here is the RVillage Blogs How-To Guide
Keep RVillage fun & friendly
- Posts about politics, religion or sexual content are strictly reserved for s private groups. Search groups by topic here.
- Never post your full name, address, phone number, or personal email address anywhere.
- Posting a request for monetary donations, support, or gifts on the Home Feed, group feeds or discussions or park feeds, whether for personal or commercial gain for yourself or another party. (Such as GoFundMe or other fundraising sites.)
- Spam, such as posted advertisements or unsolicited messages to users for other websites and services, or other commercial solicitation; guerilla marketing, chain letters, affiliate links to 3rd party products, multi-level marketing, or pyramid schemes, polls or petitions or anything that may directly or indirectly financially benefit the poster are not allowed.
- RVillage has a "Zero Tolerance" policy on ANY material, content or posts that are racist, homophobic, fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, pornographic, profane, liabalist, sexist, abusive, offensive, threatening, hateful, include full or partial nudity, are obscene or otherwise objectionable.
- Discussion of illegal activities or providing links to other websites containing such information.
Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation!
Not a member of RVillage yet? Join the community today. It's FREE.