Sharing on RVillage: Posting Etiquette
You've created an exciting new YouTube video and you want to share it with EVERY group on RVillage. (Hold on...not so fast!) Or perhaps you've invented a handy new gadget and want to sell it to your fellow RVillagers, or you want everyone to see the latest post in your off-site blog. Or maybe you have a question and you don't know where to post it.
What's the correct way to do all this on RVillage?
Asking help questions, general comments
If you simply have a question, you will get a LOT more responses when posting to a group related to the topic. Search a group by topic here. Choose the most relevant group, and don't post to more than one group—because posts in a group (except for private or 'alternative' groups) will also show up on the home page or "home feed." If you make multiple posts to multiple groups, they will all show up on the home page. That's called "flooding," and excessive posts will be hidden by the RVillage site monitors.
Site policy prohibits members from posting items for sale on the Home Feed, Blogs, Park pages or in other Groups. If you are an individual making a one-time sale, join the RVillage Classifieds group and post it there.
If you are a business with products or services to sell, you will need to sign up for a business account. You can edit your profile to change your account like this:
If you are a blogger and want to promote your personal (off-site) blog, join one of the following groups and make your posts there:
Here are blogging etiquette tips for sharing on RVillage:
- Etiquette tip for sharing Youtube vidoes
- RVillage Blogging and Vlogging Etiquette / Badges and Links
Did you know you can have a personal blog on RVillage?
Keep RVillage fun & friendly
- Posts about politics, religion or sexual content are strictly reserved for s private groups. Search groups by topic here.
- Never post your full name, address, phone number, or personal email address anywhere.
- Posting a request for monetary donations, support, or gifts on the Home Feed, group feeds or discussions or park feeds, whether for personal or commercial gain for yourself or another party. (Such as GoFundMe or other fundraising sites.)
- Spam, such as posted advertisements or unsolicited messages to users for other websites and services, or other commercial solicitation; guerilla marketing, chain letters, affiliate links to 3rd party products, multi-level marketing, or pyramid schemes, polls or petitions or anything that may directly or indirectly financially benefit the poster are not allowed.
- RVillage has a "Zero Tolerance" policy on ANY material, content or posts that are racist, homophobic, fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, pornographic, profane, liabalist, sexist, abusive, offensive, threatening, hateful, include full or partial nudity, are obscene or otherwise objectionable.
- Discussion of illegal activities or providing links to other websites containing such information.
Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation—and have FUN!
To comment on this post and be alerted of new posts, join the RVoices RViews discussion group.
Not a member of RVillage yet? Join the community today. It's FREE.