RVoices Blog Index (for team)
List of blog* posts, divided into sections to help direct users to the most relevant RVoices post to find answers to their questions.
*RVoices blog posts differ from traditional blogs in that they are not the authoritative content of one author. Each post contains snippets of multiple discussion threads found in the various RVillage groups, with links that drive the user back to the RVillage site and into the relevant discussion groups to engage with other RVillagers on the platform. (This is why commenting is turned off at the bottom of posts.) The crowd-sourced content in the posts is therefore almost entirely that of the members of RVillage.
Note: Users can read the discussion threads without joining the groups, but will need to join any group they wish to post questions or answers to.
At the bottom of most posts is a bullet list of active RVillage groups relevant to that topic.
A: How to Use RVillage (socially)
These are not "tech" tips* for the website or app, these are "how to" for the social aspect of the platform. (*Although some screenshots will be updated when the new site completely rolls out.)
- Getting the most out of RVillage
- Completing your RVillage profile
- Social networking for RVers
- Social Media Tips
- Posting Etiquette
- How to easily join RVillage Virtual Get-Togethers (has link to video)
- View the previous month's roundup of RVillage Virtual Get-Togethers
- The ABCs of using Zoom
- Connecting "virtually"
- Join an RV owners group
- How to connect and learn more on RVillage
- Finding RV parks with the RVillage Explorer map
- Locating RVillage group members on the Explorer map
- Introducing RVillage: The only location-aware friend-finding social networking tool for RVers
B: Chapter List for "The Guide" ("How to RV")
"The Guide" is the most complete collection of RVing How-To articles in RVoices, for the total newbie!
Note: All "tips & tricks" articles in "C" below are also cross-linked in the relevant chapters here in The Guide.
Here is the top-level link: The RVillagers Guide to RVing
- Which type of RV is right for YOU?
- Camping & RV living styles
- RV driving essentials & safety equipment (this differs from "Safety & Security," see #14)
- RV towing tips
- Care & maintenance of your RV
- RV living: Onboard tips & tools
- RV Utilities
C: RVing Tips & Tricks
A subset of "How to RV" articles.
- Renting Your First RV? 21 Need-to-Know Tips (also useful for "taking delivery" of their first RV)
- Weather & Wildfire Safety for RVers
- Finding RVing Tips & Tricks on RVillage
- Keeping Pests out of Your RV
- Full Time RVing
- RV Grills
- RV Cooking
- Doing Laundry on the Road
- Organizing Your RV
- Renovating your RV
- RV Furniture
- RV Refrigerators
- Pool Noodles and Other Handy Tricks
- Spring Cleaning Your RV
- Winterizing your RV
- RVing in the Snow
- RV Travel with Disabilities
- RV Camping Clubs and Other Camping Resources
D: Voices from the Community
"Feel-good" articles about RVers/RVillagers (although not exactly profile spotlights). Mainly for inspiration on the topics.
- Volunteering as RVers
- Artists on the Road
- Furry Family Members
- Your Maiden Voyage
- Your RV wants friends, too. Join an RVillage owners group and become "RVs in a Pod!"
- Stories From Full Timers
- Favorite Stay-At-Home Hobbies
- RVillagers are some of the most helpful (and friendly!) RVers
- RVillage Virtual Get-Togethers Create Community
E: RV Travel Destinations
(All posts by guest writer Sue Bray except two. The Quartzsite post is the only one that is partially crowd-sourced.)
- AZ - Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- AZ - Grand Canyon
- AZ - Kartchner Caverns
- AZ - Quartzsite - MOST popular travel article! (during snowbird season)
- CA - Joshua Tree
- CO - Rocky Mountain National Park
- LA - New Orleans
- ME - Acadia National Park
- NM - The Acoma Pueblo
- NY - New York City
- SD - Mount Rushmore
- UT - Utah National Parks
- WA - Olympic Peninsula
- WY - Yellowstone National Park