Tips for preparing for the RVillage Spirit of the Road Rally
First time or seasoned rally-goer, you will find important tips and suggestions here for the best experience at the RVillage Spirit of the Road Rally.
Important tips for first-time and ALL rally-goers
- ALWAYS arrive at any rally with your Grey/Black tanks EMPTY and your water tank FULL!
- Make sure you have at least 25' of drinking water hose, power cord and sewer hose. You may have a site where the power pole or water or sewer is just a few feet farther than you hoped. Come prepared.
- On arrival day, PLEASE plan to arrive before dark.
- Check-in starts at 8AM on February 12th. Look for the "Festival Entrance." Print out your ticket with the barcode, or have it ready on your phone before driving up. (Or you can tell us the name the reservation was made under and we can look you up. That will take a little longer.)
- You will be escorted to your section and campsite by the parking crew.
- Note that tow dollies, cargo trailers, etc. will need to be dropped in a special section. Be prepared to follow directions.
- Arrive with a smile and a genuine generous helpful attitude. The folks that are registering you and working hard to get you registered and into your site have a HUGE desire to do it as quickly as possible cuz there are lots of folks to get in. Try not to be too demanding... They are awesome and love you more than you can imagine. (You'll see!) If you have any issues, let us know at the RVillage Registration office, and we will be ON IT!
- It's possible to come early and stay after the rally is over. You will need to call the Venue directly at (800) 224-5656 to reserve any dates outside of the rally dates. Let them know what site you're registered in for the rally so they can try to get you in the same site.
- Pets: Suwannee County Code Section 14-33 requires all pets to have an ID tag that includes the owner's name and current phone number. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required. You must bring copies of documentation and fill out the Venue's Pet Registration Form. Please download, print, and fill out the form before your arrival to expedite the check-in process. Forms will also be available on site. For more info, see the "CAN I BRING MY PET TO THE RALLY?" question on the Rally website's FAQs page.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring warm clothing for cool evenings and mornings.
- ALWAYS bring rain gear just in case.
- Bring fold-able camp chairs that you can carry easily. (Nothing better than having your place by the fire).
- Always try to carry a cup with you at all times. You never know when you will stumble on a gathering of folks who will soon become your new besties and offer you a glass of red or white, and having your own cup makes it easier on your host!
- BRING LOTS OF BLINKY TYPE LIGHTS/PINS etc.... It can get dark there at night (not a lot of big flood lights and such) and being lit while you are walking is a safety issue.
- Don't rush to things. Take your time. Be careful when doing simple things like climbing the stairs to your coach. Nothing worse than to have a silly fall and have it ruin your rally. Easy does it! See the Rally Schedule here.
- There is a lot going on at all times. You can't go to everything, so just find the things that YOU like and have a great time!
- If your neighbor comes to you for assistance, try to help them as best you can, or point them in a direction you think might be helpful.
- When driving your car or Golf Cart... Drive SLOW and be aware of your surroundings. Especially at night. There are LOTS of people walking around, and we want everyone to feel safe when doing so.
Getting around at the Rally
- Trams will be running from 7am - 10pm
- Golf carts are available for $35/day and must be rented for the duration of the event. Call the Venue's camp store at (386) 364-4841
- If you bring your own golf cart, you must have Florida golf cart insurance. See golf cart policy.
- Drive your car
- Ride your bike
- Or stick out your thumb at a golf cart passing by, for an instant Get-Together!
Have more questions? See the FAQs page on the Rally website.
Get more info in the Spirit of the Road 2020 RVillage Rally Group
Join the Spirit of the Road 2020 RVillage group and start making friends and sharing tips now!
Keep an eye on this rally tips discussion thread for additional tips!
Don't have your ticket yet? Buy tickets here.
Never miss a new RVoices blog post ➞ Get alerts!
Not a member of RVillage yet? Join the community today. It's FREE.