Have you introduced yourself on RVillage? Get to know other RVillagers!
RVillage is "our village" – made up of new friends waiting to be discovered, and new topics begging to be explored.
RVillage is for newbies, seasoned full-timers, part-timers, snowbirds, vacationers and those of you who are still dreaming about RVing. There are many ways to connect, meet, share information and just have fun!
Here are some ways you can connect with RVillagers & make new friends:
- Set your location and then check the map at the top of the RVillage home page to see who's around you. Click the red markers, view profiles to see what you have in common, reach out & connect! Go say hello and share coffee, a meal, a walk with the dogs, or a drink around the fire. Nothing formal is required.
- Find a Get-Together and go! Can't find one near you? Host a Get-Together! RVillage provides all the assistance you'll need to make it happen, we even provide you with some RVillage swag. Watch this video to see just how easy it is to do. Creating a new Get-Together take just a few minutes, honestly! See how much fun people are having at Get-Togethers.
- Join some groups! Go to the RVillage groups page and browse around to see the most popular and the most active groups, or you can sort by category or search on your favorite topics. Join a few groups, then start some new discussions. Introduce yourself and ask questions. Don't be shy — you'll soon find out that RVillagers are some of the friendliest and most helpful people around. Here are just a few to get you started exploring:
- New RVillagers Group
- Why Didn't I Think of That? Tips and Tricks
- Rolling Camera
- Full Time RVers
- Solar and Alternative Energy for RV's
- RV Pets
Can't find a group for your interest or hobby? Start a new one and invite others to join!
After you join groups, you can set up a notification to be alerted when members of the groups you have joined come into your area. You can also use the map to locate other group members around you, at your next destination, or even along your travel route! Here's how to find other members of your group on the map.
- Reach out and send friend requests. When viewing profiles, simply click the "Add Friend" button. Send a friend request to every member who "likes" or comments on photos you upload; to members who reply to comments you make, or to anyone who views your profile. You can also check your notifications page to see who has sent YOU a friend request, and view friend recommendations here.
At some point along your travels, you will find your paths crossing with your RVillage friends out there on the road. This will probably happen often, with so many new RVillagers joining every day!
It's really fun when the connections happen spontaneously, too.Check out this page to see how a really fun, spontaneous gathering of about a dozen RVillagers happened around a campfire one night, outside of Vegas!
There are so many ways to make new friends and keep connecting as you travel — you never have to be alone, anywhere you go. Everywhere you travel, there’s a village waiting to happen.
Not a member of RVillage yet? Join the community today. It's FREE.