Coffee With Curtis: Get in the Spirit! (All about the Spirit of the Road Rally 2020)
We're getting excited about the next RVillage Rally at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak Florida. Come join us!
In this episode of Coffee With Curtis: Curtis Coleman, founder of RVillage—with special guests from the the Rally Team, talk about the details of the upcoming Spirit of the Road Rally 2020. In case you missed the live webcast on November 25th, you can watch it here. Click the image to watch video:
Join us at the Spirit of the Road Rally 2020We hope you'll be joining us at this next rally—it's going to be even bigger & better than last year's rally, with more people, more speakers, more live music and more fun! It's YOUR rally, your canvas to paint on, it's all your fault! We're kidding of course, but it IS your creation, too—it's hard to be just a spectator when there are so many opportunities to connect all around you every day. We're leaving ample time in the schedule for that to happen, between all the exciting events we have planned.
Important Information About This Year's Rally
First of all, thank you so much for registering for the rally. We really appreciate each and every one of you. We want you to have a wonderful time!
If you've heard rumors that the Rally is sold out, it's not—only the full hookup sites sold out, but there are still some 50 amp & 30 amp W/E (water & electric) sites left—and plenty of dry camping/boondocking sites. Note that mobile pump-out service is available for just $20. Get your tickets now!
Buying rally tickets:
- We recommend that you buy your tickets on a computer or tablet for a better experience. The park map is really too big to try and view on a phone.
- Click the "Buy on Map" button on right side of the page to choose your site, rather than have a site automatically assigned by criteria. You can add the additional criteria after choosing the site location.
- Green circles are 30 amp sites, Blue circles are 50 amp sites. Gray circles are sites that have already been reserved. (Note that 50 amps probably won't be necessary in February—temperatures are typically around 70's during the day, 50 degrees at night.)
- All available sites are W/E (water & electric) only. If you MUST have full hookups with sewer, you can get on the waiting list, but do buy a ticket now anyway. You can buy a pump-out for $20, in advance or on-site.
- Note: The campsite area names are names given by the Venue, and not related to our event. For example, the "Special Persons" area is not for handicapped people or VIPs; and the horse-camping area is not just for campers with horses (although you are welcome to bring horses, there are stalls available).
- Camping with children? Stay in the Family Camp, hosted by Hippie and the Tech.
- Don't have an RV yet? You can tent-camp if you'd like, just choose a site with electric & water, or boondocking (in the with or without generator sections). If you're still considering the RV lifestyle and don't have a rig yet, come learn from the experts and the experienced RVers all around you. Then you can decide whether this lifestyle is for you (or not)!
- A limited number of cabins are available. You'll need to reserve with the Venue directly by calling (800) 224-5656, and then purchase an all-access pass to attend the rally events. You can also stay in one of the nearby hotels (just 4 miles from tyhe Venue) and purchase the all-access pass for a day or the whole event!
Other Important Notes:
- Check-in will go quickly arrival day, because we've streamlined the entire process. If you are staying on-site before the rally, check-in will be available the evening before.
- It's possible to come early and stay after the rally is over. You will need to call the Venue directly at (800) 224-5656 to reserve any dates outside of the rally dates. Let them know what site you're registered in for the rally so they can try to get you in the same site.
- Check-in starts at 8AM on February 12th. Look for the "Festival Entrance." Print out your ticket with the barcode, or have it ready on your phone before driving up. (Or you can tell us the name the reservation was made under and we can look you up. That will take a little longer.)
- You will be escorted to your section and campsite by the parking crew.
- Note that tow dollies, cargo trailers, etc. will need to be dropped in a special section. Be prepared to follow directions.
- PLEASE plan to arrive before dark.
- Please arrive with your Grey/Black tanks EMPTY and your water tank FULL!
- Pets: Suwannee County Code Section 14-33 requires all pets to have an ID tag that includes the owner's name and current phone number. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required. You must bring copies of documentation and fill out the Venue's Pet Registration Form. Please download, print, and fill out the form before your arrival to expedite the check-in process. Forms will also be available on site. For more info, see the "CAN I BRING MY PET TO THE RALLY?" question on the Rally website's FAQs page.
- Getting around at the Rally:
- Trams will be running from 7am - 10pm
- Golf carts are available for $35/day (and must be rented for the duration of the event). Over 1/2 of them have been reserved already, so call and reserve soon if you need one, by calling the Venue's camp store at (386) 364-4841
- Bring your own golf cart (you must have Florida golf cart insurance. See their golf cart policy)
- Drive your car
- Ride your bike
- Or stick out your thumb at a golf cart passing by, for an instant Get-Together!
- Volunteers: Watch for a call for volunteers in a couple of weeks on the RVillage Spirit of the Road 2020 group. Our awesome Get-Together coordinator will be organizing volunteers and get you onboard.
- More information will be coming soon—such as a peek at the Rally schedule, Tips for first-timers, and more! Just watch for the announcements.
The Spirit of the Road Rally 2020 has an extraordinary lineup. Here's a taste.
“Tracy is a brilliant artist… Her voice is distinctive and beautiful, as is her mastery over the instruments she plays.” —JOAN BAEZ
We are honored and deeply privileged to have Tracy Grammer grace us with her soulful voice and music on Valentine's Day—a musical experience you will not soon forget. Tracy is one of contemporary folk music's most beloved artists. She rose to critical acclaim as half of the "postmodern, mythic American folk duo," Dave Carter & Tracy Grammer. As one fan puts it, “With Tracy, it’s never just about the music—it’s a soul journey.” Have a listen:
The belle of the ball is our dear artist friend Charlie Blackcat Smith & his Firebirds, exquisite works of art: hand-forged steel sculptures that are filled with wood and fired up at dusk...every night. These huge glowing creatures bring the gift of an acre of warmth, and an inviting place for all of us to gather every night. A truly magical experience.
RVillage is proud to be offering Master Classes from world class experts in their respective fields.
We are very fortunate to have Bob Wells, founder of CheapRVLiving.com, and the annual event The Rubber Tramp Rendezvous, joins us for a talk on “The philosophy of nomadic living.”
Co-Founder of the popular service “Boondockers Welcome,” Marianne Edwards’ Master Class will introduce us to valuable resources for those nights when you don’t need a campground with hookups—just a safe, legal, place to spend the night in your RV en-route to your next destination.
At the RVillage Rally 2.0, the response to the seminar on RV electrical systems given by Mike Sokol was so overwhelming, that we invited him to return to deliver a 3 part Master Class on “All Things Regarding RV Electrical Systems.” Mike is a skilled teacher and can make one of the most complicated issues in your rig easy and fun to learn. Not to be missed!
Lectures & Workshops
Phil & Stacy of You, Me & the RV will be doing a workshop on a great type of campground that you may not know a lot about.
There will be other speakers on various helpful topics, such as: Mike & Donna Wagner will give a talk on how to become a member of the Elks, so you can stay in Elk's Lodge parking lots and enjoy good company & inexpensive drinks as you travel around the country.
More to be announced!
Also joining us will be cast members of The RVers TV Series: The RV Geeks and Mortons on the Move...
...along with executive producer Anthony Nalli and his band Wicked Truth. Come on out and dance!
Be a Part of “Our” Village. Experience a magic you won’t find anywhere else.
Come to the Spirit of the Road 2020 Rally and create life-long friendships and incredible memories. You’ll have opportunities to gather with new and old friends, both spontaneously and at pre-arranged RVillage Get-Togethers. Increase your RVing knowledge every day with Master Classes & workshops; enjoy world class entertainment with live music & dancing every night—and don’t forget about the shopping!
Rally ScheduleHere's what we have so far (and check back often as seminars, vendors and more are added): See Rally Schedule here and start making your plans now!
Volunteering during a rally is fun, easy, and a GREAT way to make friends and learn your way around. ALL attendees are encouraged to volunteer in some way. It's what makes a great rally even more fun and memorable! See the Volunteer Sign-Up
Get your tickets
Join the RVillage group
Join the RVillage group for the Spirit of the Road 2020, and start meeting your fellow RVillagers now!
Not a member of RVillage yet? Join the community today. It's FREE.